Long Time Coming

Seems I do this too often. I say I'll keep posting then I leave it for a year. Anyway, I am going to say it again. I plan on posting more often. My life of odd hours in college is coming to an end and I'll have a more steady lifestyle I hope.


I've been fishing a whole lot this year already. Seeing as the weather has been particularly warm, the fish have been ready to bite. So far this Spring I've fished at Wapehani, Monroe Reservoir, Yellowwood Lake, the White River up in Muncie, and the Crooked Creek near Valparaiso. And at all those places I've been catching fish. I have caught smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, channel catfish, bluegill, warmouth, rock bass, red-ear, long-ear sunfish, and rainbow trout. It's been quite a good spring.

Just last week I took my mother fishing and we caught eighteen bass within three hours at one single spot. This was at Yellowwood lake and it was great. This is where I've been catching fish the most this year. The dredging that they finished last year has really paid off. There's some massive carp in the lake. The bass I have been catching have been pretty good sized, probably above minimum limit (No huge ones yet). The catfish there are great fun to fish for. The panfish are just as big as ever. Yellowwood is well-known for having big bluegill there. Well, I've caught a good few as well as red-ear. The red-ear I've noticed are thriving in the lake now. This Spring has just been wonderful for fishing! Its been like that pretty much everywhere.


The Spring trout fishing trip wasn't too bad either. It wasn't the best we have had, on a previous post you can see we caught our limit for four or five different people. This year we caught...probably 10 or so. That's two limits. Not great but not bad.  I fell in a muskrat hole too! When its 40 degrees out and you put your foot through a hole directly into the stream, you're in some trouble. Our Sunday outing got cut short because of it. Brr!!!



So that's an update for what I've been up to, fishing-wise, this Spring. It has been loads of fun. I plan on going and fishing a farm pond at my girlfriend's mother's house today. I'll try and get some pictures of the fish we take. It's overpopulated, so I believe we'll be having a fish fry soon!


-William

Comments

Popular Reads