Updates: Two Successive Personal Bests!

Howdy Folks!

I know it has been a few months. Unfortunately, life doesn't always accommodate for fishing, let alone writing about fishing. That said, I have been fishing a a good few times since my last post in March. I have had some good days and I have had some bad days. I have also managed to have two successive personal bests this year! That's a pretty great thing, isn't it?

My first personal best came in mid-March when the weather was still pretty sketchy. She was 3.5 pounds and pushing 20 inches.
I caught her on a jig and worm,as you can see.


The second personal best was a female that was 5 pounds, filled with eggs. Probably pushing a higher weight than she'd normally be the rest of the year. I caught her on a Rebel Frog-R right against the shoreline where I caught 3 other bass that I kept for dinner.

I am kind of wondering if these two catches were the same fish. They had a near-identical lateral line pattern on their right side. I guess it is possible right? They both went back to procreate and to be caught another day.

Fishing at the pond (where I caught both of my PB's) has definitely been fun. I also spent some time at Yellowwood and Lake Lemon trying to broaden my repertoire with the various lures I have. Topwater fishing is something I'm still new to, but I've been enjoying that. In addition, while at Lake Lemon I managed to catch roughly 30 bass in one spot with Bomber cranks. They were all just under 14 inches unfortunately, so I couldn't bring them home, but it was still one hell of a day.


So there's my update. I'll be fishing tomorrow with my father, somewhere. Hopefully we have a good go of things. Keep your fingers crossed!


- William

Comments

Popular Reads